Saturday, November 9, 2013

Intent

Don't get tangled!

If you know my heart then you know my intent. This Equals: If you know my intent then you can see my heart.

Intent: fixed on, determined, resolved, committed to.

 I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Philippians 4:18 (MSG)


After so many years of knowing somebody you can pretty much guess their motive. There are those that put themselves out there as servants, helping on a difficult day or in the midst of tough financial circumstances or someone who rearranges their time to pray with you when things are upside down. Then there are those who injure your heart over and over again because they themselves are hurting. Words or actions are used to tamper with your bruised heart.

*Put your best foot forward. Every journey starts with a single step.

We all have both sides to us. and would never think or believe we are harming someone. The thing about knowing people by their fruits is the intent. It is hard not to prejudge a person from years of behavior but within that God teaches us to forgive, forgive, forgive! He says 7 times 77 times. That's 539 times. Can someone hurt you that many times? Yes we can and we do! God says a thought or comment that is not edifying is hurtful. How many times in a situation does that happen where we want to act out and hurt someone who is intentionally hurting us?

Last year, God asked me to take my shoes off. Ok, "I said." And then he told me to stand in somebody else's shoes. Yes! In my mind God got the point across. He changed the angle of my view. What I saw was a guarded heart that could not take knowing new reality so their heart was set in a different direction. Upon removing those shoes I got in my prayer mode and prayed for a healing to their pain and an understanding of what they could handle. Even though we are called to not do certain behaviors we all fall in the mirey pit. Staying away from returning ill words is hard when your are hurt. The opposite action is a must!

As I entered the Christian walk I have tried my best to follow God’s intent and instructions for a happy life filled with love and mercy and forgiveness. Even though I fail at times, those around me should understand, I am choosing God’s principles to lead my life. Sometimes we sit on a different ledge and have a different view of understanding. That’s ok. I can only look at the shoes I have to fill and the healing my heart is set on. I have honorable intent!
So upon this Day I have gratitude of intent to love with all of my heart! Peace be yours!


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
~Song by LeAnne at GZI "Put your best foot forward."


No comments:

Post a Comment