Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thorns

Thorn in my side.. Grateful really?  Yes,Ever so grateful! Why I was asked? Because it makes me a better person. Tell me more, tell me more!

Everlasting Gratitude
So recently I had this thought and I wondered if I had been transported back in time to Ephesus sitting next to Paul comparing the size of our current thorns, (straight spike, prickle or curved barb). His was large, but mine was adequate for me. Hmmm? So what in a thorn would make you ever so grateful? Oh yes, my mind said, as I smiled! Why oh why, you crazy girl?!

2 Corinthians 12:7, There was given to me a thorn in my flesh… Three times Paul pleaded with the Lord to take this away from him. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness. So therefore I will boast all the more gladly for my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me.” “That is why for Christ’s sake I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak I am strong!”


We enjoyed this recipe so sharing it~Jalapeño Cornbread Poppers
A thorn is something that makes you have to look to the heavens and turn to our Lord. I have at times allowed that thorn to fester. But I learned early on, that a fester turns into a bitterroot and who needs bad health? So Paul’s thorn might be different than mine. But for me, I know when it is irritating me. The inflammation can be my actions or the actions of others. I have this place on my body that knows when there is something not right. The thorn in my side makes me go into prayer. In life and particularly mine, I understand without these challenges spoken by Paul I would not be the woman of faith formed by these test. As I contemplate the pain of Christ thorns I realize the pain I cause Him. Oh yes, this journey is long but without my weakness's how would Christ had formed me? So I have gratitude for the difficulties that have grown my life!

~JALAPEÑO CORNBREAD POPPERS! 
**Let's spice things up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment