Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gifts

 There are times you know that you know that God is trying to redirect your path and direction in life. Last year I stopped stuffing my talents and spiritual destiny because others were uncomfortable with what I might write or how that boldness might looks spiritually. For me it is stepping out into that which I delayed and am called to. Knowing that God loves me and has given me his gifts makes me smile.. I have grown great Gratitude for these gifts!

 Working on the vineyard piece
“For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” Romans 11:29 (ESV)Luke 11:35 (AMP)

“Be careful, therefore, that the light that is in you is not darkness.” Luke 11:35 (AMP) 

I remember my mom teaching me how to knit, sew and cook. Insisting I play the piano, ride and care for a horse, forcing me to do competive sports that I disliked but glad I learned. Some of these things I did better than others. But she believed in my art ability most of all. She drove me many places to learn from talented teachers. Somewhere along the way I lost the belief in myself. I gave up and believed the lie that I was inferior to others. Then I had periods of time that I would get the urge to try again. With my 4th pregnancy, I remember the day I was frustrated and repacked my watercolors thinking there was not enough time to do it all. Being available as a Mom was so important! So here I am 20 years later figuring out that I can do it! God saw fit to move me into a place i am not so comfortable (literally) and restructuring my time. He is lighting the fire under me along with my family. To my surprise my gifts extend in several directions and are being braided into a new format of sorts. So with new drive and knowing this is the time to grow, I am figuring it out.

Gifts are given and it is our responsibility to hold, mold and grow those. Everybody has them! What are yours? Don't wait!! What are you going to do to flourish what God has given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment