Thursday, July 4, 2013

Life's choices, Bondage or freedom?


Freedom to Choose

On this 4th of July day I am thankful for so many freedoms that have been given to us by our God. Thou at times we whine and complain and do little to add to the fabric of change we are responsible for our own life murals. 

There have been times in life that my independent liberties have set me into more bondage than freedom. Can anyone relate to that? You think that a certain path gives you a freedom with no ties attached. In my naivety of being a teenager I had such a path that in future writings I will explore. But for now I look back and see those perceived freedoms were out of order and breaking the guidelines that were set before me as a child of God. To think I would not pay a price for those things is foolish. I have payed the price and now I feel those errors have been corrected and I have been disciplined by my Heavenly Father just as my earthy father would love and correct me. Through correction I have gained much wisdom and experiences as anyone would.

This country is walking dangerously close to thinking that anything goes and there are no consequences. Thou I will not get political in this blog, I will say that God has given us guideline to follow and we have a choice.  Below is God’s jewel for this Independence day.

God’s Jewels “Make the Lord proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God’s emissaries for keeping order. It is God’s will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you’re a danger to society. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.” 1 Peter 2:13-17 The Message 

No comments:

Post a Comment