Thursday, July 18, 2013

Compliments, heart leaks and cactus blossoms!


The other day I read the following phrase on someone’s facebook page and it made me stop and think that “YES,” someone has captured my thoughts! 

“It’s easy to make your wife jealous, but try making other women jealous of your wife.”

Throughout the years, my husband and I have attended many social events where a man would share how wonderful his wife is. I would sit there and think how romantic that was, how much that must mean to her, and how much he admires her to validates her. Then I stopped and wondered if she even hears this because he always praises her?

On the way home I would say to my husband, “Wow, did you hear so and so talk about how wonderful his wife is?” After so many parties it would irritate me as these men would do it every time! My husband would nod and not really grasp what I was really wanting him to grab and act upon. I thought, ”Please Dear Lord, gently poke him with a cactus spine to really hear me and desire to duplicate those comments about me in any form that he feels is grand, and I will give him clean sheets and a back rub forever!”  

It’s not that my husband is not loving, or kind, as he is. He texts me sweet things all day! But his nature is to not brag, even his sport success. I mean really anything! It also is not his love language to lift me up in a public setting. It is how he was created.  I just want to change this little thing!  Can’t he carry a compliment filled pitcher he could pour over me? After all its one of my love languages! So is this his issue or mine? 

Since we are peeling away my heart issues I have to ask myself. “Do I over compensate and talk too much about this and that to camouflage my pain? Is my compliment bucket so low I fill it up myself? Probably so! My how unGodly! If I could fix that leak in my bucket would I feel more safe and secure? Of course! So how can I do this and what will satisfy?

I really would like to think I have done a lot of great heart checks but since there is still a leak, my solution would be to go see the heart Doctor.  Who better than the one who created love or the one who gave his life because he loves me so much?

Cactus Blossom
So I say Doctor Jesus, what woman does not want to get a full and overflowing heart?To feel adored and loved and spoken kindly of?  So I am coming to you to get refreshed and refilled! So he said, “Lay your hand on your heart and ask the Holy Spirit to refill your heart.” Um sure?? Then he said, “The Father poured out his heart on your behalf. No one has ever loved you as your Father loves you.  He will have the best beat to match your designer heart that he created.” So tucked inside my heart if I stop and listen I hear God's promises. “Have you seen my daughter Rebekah? “She is highly loved and she will soar. She will do those things I admire and planted into her to do as she is filled with joy and laughter. Watch this heart repair blossom her!  Today, days after writing this God showed me this matching verse! “The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the rose and the autumn crocus. It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice with joy and singing.” Isaiah 35:1

Do you know where those perfect words are for you?  Come with a thankful heart and let God in and he will tell you. “Trust in him and pour out your heart to him for he is your refuge.” PS. 63:8 

P.S. The jealous thing got answered. God is jealous and desires for me to be with Him..that should be enough to cause me not to care about fleshly jealously!


No comments:

Post a Comment