Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Wake Up Call to Complacency

This morning I awoke with a start. I looked at the clock and it was 4:45 A.M. Why am I not still asleep? Is the Lord trying to get me up? My sub-conscious told me to just sleep in. No, I realized, I had fallen asleep on my watch. Was this a dream or reality? What have I done? Or really, what have I not done?  And then the words, what have we not done? The word complacent flies from my mind to my lips. Then I thought what does it matter at this late hour?


My heart beats fast and I felt this dread come over me as I realized what God was pointing out. What did I do? What have all of us done? What has America done? Where did that spirit come from that had us do nothing when we could have done more? I slipped to the floor to pray.


"If then my people, upon whom my name has been pronounced, humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14



It is my job to protect, to warn, to speak God’s truth not only to my children but to those I love. Reminding us not to walk on the path that the Israelites did. It is also my job to speak truth to my fellow country men and women. To realize America is off course from what God desires and speaks of in His instruction.

My mind ran and I saw a missed opportunity. Why was I asleep?

Why was I so complacent? 
What is wrong with us that we only care when deadlines are near and counting down?



People inform you that at a certain age you have to let your children go and make their own mistakes. After so many years, I got tired. I listened to the world's voices. All of them. But only I know that in my own journey where I should have been protected. Where I should have had a clue. There was a detour that I should have taken to avoid the pit. You assume your kids watch you long enough that they know your hearts cry for a different road.

Just like in our path for a better America. A better country. It is my job to pray for that better path. Even at this late hour. I want to have that hope in my heart and future.



My heart cries out now for what I let slip away in my slumber. That feeling of too late came over me again and I pushed it back. The movie frame of the past opportune time goes through my head one slow frame at a time. Why did I let the time slip by? I prayed, "Oh God, you gave me this time and I let it go. You gave me a watch and I let it slip through my hands. Forgive me!' All of the warm sand moved and slid very quickly falling at my feet. But between my fingers I caught one heavier piece. The one stone that was too big. I hold that heart stone tightly not willing to let it go. I could just throw it out. Or maybe carry it in my pocket all day as a reminder to take heart. To still hope. To trust that God has it all. This is God's America. It is the country linked with JerUSAlem





Some people in the world do not really care what path this country takes. But I do, I am unwavering! Just like a mother with her children. I really, care! 
In this state of reflection I have to lean on the Father’s promises of a future and a hope. Every single day and especially in this season! 




I sit quietly with no sound around me and out of nowhere a siren screams a warning. We could be in trouble. The scream reminds of the commitment I made years ago to pray when I heard a siren. So I pray for that stranger. I pray for this country. And then I return to my hearts cry and asked, “God is it to late?” I should still be interceding. I had been quick to assume the thoughts, the whispers in my spirit I had awoken to that morning were true. I had quickly let it set me into a disheartenment and that I knew was a lie. Maybe it was just a wake up call for me! No it was also a wake up call to pray for both of the candidates. For the next President to include God in His country.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people chosen as his inheritance." Psalms 33:12 

Independence is a funny thing. A natural thing in the progression of life. A time when you know so much and you start to believe you know it all. That is where that big stone can get stuck in your shoe. The one that can trip you up. The one that can bruise your soul. Ruffles your know it all path. Shut down the words of God's warning. Just like the Israelites did over and over. We all have a history of doing that. We just want a dependence on self.

I did that. I knew it all. I wanted what I wanted. And 40 years later I looked back and wondered if my mom had also cried out for me?  Like I am for my children and our country?



Please pray and vote!
    With a caring heart for our children's America,
        Rebekah

"May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you! May the nations be glad and rejoice; for you judge the peoples with fairness, you guide the nations upon the earth."
Psalm 67:4-5

"If a land is rebellious, its princes will be many; but with an intelligent and wise ruler there is stability." Proverbs 28:2

“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” Proverbs 22:6

*My blog is setting a bit as I write a book and I wait for my new website to go live. It am excited!
It will be rebekahtesone.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment